Our electron microscopy can provide the following:
- chemical and structural information from nanometre or sub-nanometre resolutions,
- a variety of solid materials can be analysed including metals and alloys, semiconductors, minerals, catalysts, nanotubes and nanoparticles
Leica DCM 3D
The Leica DCM 3D system with dual core technology has been designed for fast, non-invasive assessment of micro and nano structures of technical surfaces, in multiple configurations.
The DCM 3D combines confocal and interferometry technology for high speed and high-resolution measurements down to 0.1 nm.
The SUPRA ™ 55VP with the improved GEMINI® FESEM column represents the most versatile ultra high resolution FESEM for semiconductor applications, material analysis and variable pressure solutions. The SUPRA ™ 55VP combines four instruments in one and provides ultra high resolution over the complete voltage range with the ability to handle large specimens. It is also a fully analytical FESEM with up to 10nA probe current and including variable pressure technology for examining non-conducting specimens without preparation.
Fully motorised 5-axis stage, and a range of detectors:-
- Everhart-Thornley Secondary Electron detector
- Zeiss Gemini In-Lens Secondary Electron detector
- Backscattered Electron Detector (KE Developments Centaurus, scintillation-type)
- VPSE Variable Pressure Secondary Electron Detector
- Oxford Instruments Aztec Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) system with X-Max 50 Silicon Drift Detector (SDD)
- Aztec HKL Electron Backscattered Diffraction (EBSD) system with HKL Nordlys II Fast Acquisition camera
- HKL Fast Acquisition EBSD software
The JEM-2100 electron microscope provides solutions for a wide range of problems in the fields of materials, nanoelectronics, and biological sciences.
The JEM-2100 features a high-stability goniometer stage specifically tuned for high tilt tomographic applications. It has three independent condenser lenses and produces the highest probe current for any given probe size, which allows for improved analytical and diffraction capabilities. Fitted with EDAX Genesis XM4 System 60 for TEM, and EDS system for elemental analysis.